Post vaccine associated thrombotic events are now being reported for all the gene based vaccines -mRNA and Adenovirus Vector Vaccines. These events have variously been termed VIPIT (vaccine-induced pro-thrombotic immune thrombocytopenia), VITT (vaccine-induced [immune] thrombotic thrombocytopenia), VATT (vaccine-associated [immune] thrombotic thrombocytopenia), and TTS (thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome).
The key to appropriate identification/exclusion of VITT, and potential differentiation from heparin-induced thrombocytopenia with thrombosis (HITT), is identification of potentially differential test patterns. In summary, testing typically comprises platelet counts, D-dimer, fibrinogen, and various immunological and functional assays for platelet factor 4 (PF4) antibodies. In suspected VITT, there is a generally highly elevated level of D-dimer, thrombocytopenia, and PF4 antibodies can be identified by ELISA-based assays, but not by other immunological assays typically positive in HITT (read more here).
- Clinical Features of Vaccine-Induced Immune – New England …https://www.nejm.org › doi › full· Oversett denne sidenav S Pavord · 2021 · Sitert av 14 —
- .Vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT)https://www.uptodate.com › contents·
- (VITT) Following Adenovirus Vector COVID-19 Vaccinationhttps://covid19-sciencetable.ca › va… Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS)https://www.healthdirect.gov.au › t…
- PDFCOVID-19 VACCINES. TTS GUIDANCE. 11 AUG 2021. 1. Guidelines: Diagnosis and Management of. Thrombosis with Thrombocytopenia Syndrome (TTS).
- Laboratory testing for suspected COVID-19 vaccine-induced (immune) thrombotic thrombocytopenia DOI: 10.1111/ijlh.13629